Science Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a camcorder? Get a couple of 4' florescent bulbs and go play Luke Skywalker under some high-voltage lines after dark. Show the video and explain why the bulbs lit up and why people aren't supposed to live too close to the lines.

my highschool doesnt have us do science projects anymore. lol AWESOME!! but i went to the science "fair" a step up from just class presentations with all 3 years back in middle school. You could build like different windmill blades and see which ones rotates the fastest by taping or coloring one blade and start it from there and just blow a fan on it
but you'd have to keep distance the same and speed of the fan the same. which shouldnt be to hard.

just get a 2x4 and a hole saw and cut out 3 circles
and pry out the wood from teh saw and use he cylenders you cut as your base. and then get like a hand saw or something and cut 45degree angles in the wood going one way and one going the other so they spin opositedirections and then do one where its just flat across the wood at no angle.

Thanx everyone that should get me started. :D
And yes.. i do care what people think..... :freak:

Make a functional taser out of a disposable camera. It's pretty quick and a fun project.

Does anyone have any good links for the fluorescent light bulb experiment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom