School Shooting!!

I have heard about this. Banning guns or placing more control will not help (that's just infringing on our right to bear arms). I think we should launch an effort to help educate parents on the dangers of weapons. This is a very unfortunate, sad incident...

ok if lil punks that freak and have to use guns wanna try that crap why dont even school in america have metal detectors???. that'd make them alot safer

money_man said:
ok if lil punks that freak and have to use guns wanna try that crap why dont even school in america have metal detectors???. that'd make them alot safer

They already do.

Well, some do, in more violent-prone districts.

Yeah, as much as I WANT the US to ban guns, it's not going to happen, and there would be too many downsides, so I agree, we need to start teaching parents about gun safety and stuff like that.

rakedog said:
Yeah, as much as I WANT the US to ban guns, it's not going to happen, and there would be too many downsides, so I agree, we need to start teaching parents about gun safety and stuff like that.

Yeah in this country, we have rights. Why would you want to ban guns even if it has more downsides?

Look at England.. they banned guns, and people still are able to get ahold of them through the black market.

rakedog said:
However, Englands murder rate is far lower then in the US.

Somewhat but you aren't telling the whole truth.. But the US's overall violent crime rate (and murder rate) has been falling, while England's has skyrocketed. In many cases it is in fact England that has a higher violent crime rate (involved with knives mostly). Additionally, because the street police aren't often given guns (in some cases they are now allowed to have them) they are afraid to do their job because there is still a sizable amount of guns on the streets from the blackmarket.

It remains a fact that most violent crimes involving guns in the US are caused by guns originating from unregistered sources (the black/underground market).

To my understanding, in Japan, guns are outlawed. Only police and military can have them. So the crime rates are FAR lower than US or UK.

Jefforaby said:
To my understanding, in Japan, guns are outlawed. Only police and military can have them. So the crime rates are FAR lower than US or UK.

Not crime rates involving knives. So what are you gonna do? Ban knives? In fact crimes in Japan involving knives is many times that of both the US and UK. I don't think you can attribute gun control or a gun ban to lower crime. Not at all. You can try to outlaw guns, but you have to deal with the constant blackmarket.

And no.. guns are not banned in Japan (they can only be used for sporting and hunting).

"In Japan there are many people who believe that Japanese shooters at Olympics
are policemen or soldiers of Self-Defense Force. Some other people believe
that Japanese citizen cannot own guns and people who enjoy shooting have to
rent guns at shooting range, and some other people believes that legal
gun owners must keep guns in lockers assigned for them at shooting ranges.
So, I decided to write short introductory article about gun ownership in Japan.

In Japan, the kind of guns owned by civilian are as follows.

Air Rifle
Hand Rifle
Rifle
Air Pistol (limited to 500 people for sports shooting only)
Pistol (limited to 50 people for sport shooting only)
Shot gun

The purpose to own guns is limited to two, i.e., hunting or sports shooting.
It means we cannot own guns for defense purpose.
The procedure to own the gun is as follows.
Of course, people who use guns in their work (policemen, soldiers, etc.)
don't have to follow the following step for guns used in the job.
The terminology about 'air gun', 'air rifle' follow Japanese custom."

http://yarchive.net/gun/politics/japan_gun.html

That means people can still legally have two of them.

Back
Top Bottom