School is getting worse { rant }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, you gota go to school. How old are you? Lol. I'm 14 and I keep cutting school and I wish I could stay in school. It really doesn't help, but for some stupid reason you can't get far without a highschool education unless you are smart like me. My plan is to finish highschool, get a job at the local bikeshop for 3 years untill I am 21, During which I will be saving up as much money as I can (hopefully at leaast 75 grand) Then, with that money, I will rent a large front in the main part of town and open up a lan cafe with 23 computers, and a back room which I will live in. I estimated that I will be making 50grand the first year, 100grand the second year, and 150 grand the 3rd year, and hopefully 200grand after that. Basically when I am about 30 years old, I will buy a home in the suburbs, have a wife and children. That's my whole life plan, all in one small post on computerforums.org.

Basically, if you don't want to go to college, you might as well think of some way to start your own business.

haha big respect for that. gotta give you +1 :)

Damn, you gota go to school. How old are you? Lol. I'm 14 and I keep cutting school and I wish I could stay in school. It really doesn't help, but for some stupid reason you can't get far without a highschool education unless you are smart like me. My plan is to finish highschool, get a job at the local bikeshop for 3 years untill I am 21, During which I will be saving up as much money as I can (hopefully at leaast 75 grand) Then, with that money, I will rent a large front in the main part of town and open up a lan cafe with 23 computers, and a back room which I will live in. I estimated that I will be making 50grand the first year, 100grand the second year, and 150 grand the 3rd year, and hopefully 200grand after that. Basically when I am about 30 years old, I will buy a home in the suburbs, have a wife and children. That's my whole life plan, all in one small post on computerforums.org.

Basically, if you don't want to go to college, you might as well think of some way to start your own business.

Thanks for the laugh. Let me know when reality catchs up with you.

school is the best part of your life... enjoy it til you get a job.. all goes downhill after that

cant be arsed.
i thought everyone used it ...

its used almost only by people in the UK from what ive seen here.

very much so, im 85% im not going to go to college\other secondary schools, but im still going to finish high school. my parents might kill me if i told them i wanted to drop out, but it goes beyond just my parents.

every job you want to get looks at your HS grades. even if you go into the military, what you do is slightly based on your grades\other stuff you did in HS, thats where im pretty much headed, either that or law enforcement.

Thanks for the laugh. Let me know when reality catchs up with you.

yeah, no way in hell are you going to be making a sucessful bike shop w\o a college degree, you cant afford the startup cards. in downtown newyork you have to buy land by the square inch, thats how expensive it is just to get some land to put a building on.

school is the best part of your life... enjoy it til you get a job.. all goes downhill after that

so true, you havent seen bull shit until you go into the work place, then you REALLY get screwed over.

i hate school but i know i have to do good in school to be "successful"...but what if i just want to be happy with myself? bill gates is "successful" because he has a boatload of money, but is he really happy? i dont want to grow up being rich as hell, just happy.

i understand that i will regret any bad decisions i make in school but really its hard to appreciate it when you arent happy while you are building the foundation of your future...

...im struggling with some classes, but that seems to be fairly normal with freshmen, but its just hard because theres no motivation. i understand that the motivation really is that i have to do good in school to be "successful", but theres that word again..."successful"

P.S. - i have a teacher like mctrayn's. he is new this year and get this.....HE LOST HIS JOB AT THE PREVIOUS SCHOOL FOR SEXUALLY HARASSING STUDENTS. i go to a school with a reputation of having great teachers and good student performance, but this guy is not an example of this. everyday there are 3 people (including myself) who are constantly being yelled at, even if we are not doing anything. at least 4 times a week he sends one of us to ISS (in school suspension) and issuses a detention. this is rediculous. how are we supposed to learn if we spend the entire class period in iss? this is reflected by our test scores.
....also, his teaching strategies are rediculous because he doesnt teach us anything. the only thing he has taught us this year (that we were not told to read in the book before class the next day) is some strange method that he is taking credit for creating. it doesnt make any sense to me along with about half of the class. so what does he do during class? what we do every day in class is go over the homework. i know, this is great because we can just do it during class so we get away with not doing it the previous night, but we do maybe 3 problems out of the 20-30 that he issues daily. so what do i do every day in class? nothing. hide my headphones under my hood and listen to my music and take a nap....and the occasional tetris game on my calculator.

My plan is to finish highschool, get a job at the local bikeshop for 3 years untill I am 21, During which I will be saving up as much money as I can (hopefully at leaast 75 grand) Then, with that money, I will rent a large front in the main part of town and open up a lan cafe with 23 computers, and a back room which I will live in. I estimated that I will be making 50grand the first year, 100grand the second year, and 150 grand the 3rd year, and hopefully 200grand after that. Basically when I am about 30 years old, I will buy a home in the suburbs, have a wife and children. That's my whole life plan, all in one small post on computerforums.org.

be prepared for complications, i have my dad to look up to...he was kicked out of college in his first semester of his freshman year....he recently started his own business and he loves it but he is having trouble with the people that are close to him....his family isnt a good one, they really are bad people. when i was young and cute i loved my grandparents, i hate them now, they are snobby and they bicker like a pair of 6 year olds. anyways, my dads business has good weeks and bad weeks, this is reflects on his mood (but hes always crazy :D) but the way his business is going i will just tell you this:
be prepared to lose some money & for things to work out differently then how you want them to. good luck....

ps - im only 15 and i would love to cut school, but my mom works for the district and i would be screwed....she isnt helping my stress because the second i screw up she is breathing down my back and that just makes me want to just get away, some how...

this board is stressing me out.....lol

Sounds a bit like my school. My first class is the best class of the day, but most of the kids there don't go to my school since it's at a tech school under the district where allt eh schools in our district feed to. I have oracle that class and me and one other kid are the only kids from my school out of 6 people.
Second class, go to english and deal with a bunch of illiterate morons. Seriously, there are 18 year olds in English III who don't know how to act. They want to be treated like adults but act like elementary schoolers. There are a few kids in that class I would seriously like to say some things to but I won't because they're not worth it. They're rude and disrespectful, they get up while the teacher is talking, once a kid even left the class. Guess how many of them got punished? ZERO! Not one punishment has been given out in the two years I've had that teacher. The teacher is awesome, but I guess she must have a lot of patience or doesn't care or something because I'd do something about the situation.
Then to Math.... fun right? no not necessarily. There's a girl behind me who can't keep her big mouth shut. We spend more time doing nothing in that class than we do actually learning, I've never even had to do homework at home in that class before.
Then for a great way to end the school day... HISTORY. A bunch of people who can't keep their mouths shut and act like idiots. I could swear the teacher tells everyone to be quiet at least 5 times a day but has never acted on anything she says which is just pathetic IMO.

Yes school drives me insane and people where I live are ignorant and immature almost 9 times out of 10. I only stay because I know I'll be out of there, and I'll probably be seeing these kids who slack off working at some dead end job. I also want to be successful and happy, not necessarily money wise but I want to be able to live a decent life and have a job that I like.

P.S. - i have a teacher like mctrayn's. he is new this year and get this.....HE LOST HIS JOB AT THE PREVIOUS SCHOOL FOR SEXUALLY HARASSING STUDENTS. i go to a school with a reputation of having great teachers and good student performance, but this guy is not an example of this. everyday there are 3 people (including myself) who are constantly being yelled at, even if we are not doing anything. at least 4 times a week he sends one of us to ISS (in school suspension) and issuses a detention. this is rediculous. how are we supposed to learn if we spend the entire class period in iss? this is reflected by our test scores.
....also, his teaching strategies are rediculous because he doesnt teach us anything. the only thing he has taught us this year (that we were not told to read in the book before class the next day) is some strange method that he is taking credit for creating. it doesnt make any sense to me along with about half of the class. so what does he do during class? what we do every day in class is go over the homework. i know, this is great because we can just do it during class so we get away with not doing it the previous night, but we do maybe 3 problems out of the 20-30 that he issues daily. so what do i do every day in class? nothing. hide my headphones under my hood and listen to my music and take a nap....and the occasional tetris game on my calculator.

be prepared for complications, i have my dad to look up to...he was kicked out of college in his first semester of his freshman year....he recently started his own business and he loves it but he is having trouble with the people that are close to him....his family isnt a good one, they really are bad people. when i was young and cute i loved my grandparents, i hate them now, they are snobby and they bicker like a pair of 6 year olds. anyways, my dads business has good weeks and bad weeks, this is reflects on his mood (but hes always crazy :D) but the way his business is going i will just tell you this:
be prepared to lose some money & for things to work out differently then how you want them to. good luck....

ps - im only 15 and i would love to cut school, but my mom works for the district and i would be screwed....she isnt helping my stress because the second i screw up she is breathing down my back and that just makes me want to just get away, some how...

this board is stressing me out.....lol

we have a teacher like that. but I have the best English teacher ever. If that teacher starts to really get on anyones nerves, 30 minutes after school for a week with the English teacher will fix the problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom