School and work canceled!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Wooohooo, no school and work for the rest of the week. At least something good came out of all this fire. Just got news today from the district office.

"Due to extreme condition of the wildfire, the air has become contaminated and pose a serious hazard to our health. Everyone should stay in their homes or shelter until further notice, with all openings and crevices sealed shut."

No one is allowed at work starting today as it is officially off limits now until next week.

We were joking around at school saying that should you come on campus, you'll find plenty of parking :p. Since the parking structure is always packed, it will be wide open for the rest of the week.

I remember that the James Bay was on fire a couple of years ago, and the smoke went all the way to near Montreal. It smelled bad, and it was toxic. Being there isn't good. Maybe you should opt for volunteers for the fire.

You know, being in middle of this fantastic country...we don't have such events like wild fires, or massive snow storms (just blizzards every couple years), or hurricanes, things of that nature (literally I suppose). We have tornadoes...but they don't touch down near the city, or at least haven't in the last 30 years. So I do suppose I am quite fortunate that I don't have a blanket of fire running after me and my booty.

I just hope everyone out there is safe...even you, Mr. I don't have to work or learn for a week.

Back
Top Bottom