Scammed on ebay - will Paypal refund me?

I'm just going to be realistic here and say your probably not getting your money back. The whole point of funds being held in paypal are so they can't withdrawal them without sending you something or scamming you.

If you stop and think about it you'll realize how dumb your move was. If someone refuses to ship until it clears paypal that should be a clear indicator that they are scamming you. Money is held for up to 20 days but that money is already in there account. They just can't withdrawal it. So if he was really concerned with payment clearing he would have actually shipped it out fast so he could get feedback and remove the lock on the funds.

I actually recently sold something on eBay and they must have changed there policy's. I can't remember any type of hold placed on paypal payments back in 2002ish when I started using them.

You will probably get your money back, paypal will take it from his bank account if he can't provide tracking details etc. Paypal usually sides on the side of the buyer, have a look at paypalsucks.com. Leaving ebay feedback etc is irrelevant to paypal.

Beware though, you can only open a dispute on any item ONCE. If he emails you and says he will send it right away if you cancel the dispute DON'T! This nearly caught me once.

Thanks for all your replies. I hope I do get the money back but somehow this seems unlikely. I can't do a chargeback because I have a Debit card and you need a credit card to do so. The seller has until the 6th of Januray to respond and yeah, I won't close the claim.

I know that the charge back process isn't simple, but your bank should still offer you some fraud protection when you use your bank account, so if you don't succeed with pay pal to get your money bank, it's still worth going into the bank and having a chat with the manager to see what they can do.

Hi again, I need some more help with this please. I got an email from PayPal today asking for additional information and that I should reply to the email they sent me within 3 working days or they may cancel my claim. So I got straight to it, wrote my respose clicked send, a few seconds later "Postmaster delivery failure". How am I supposed to reply to them if the address doesn't accept emails or something? I logged onto the paypal resolution center and there is nowhere to add details there.

what is the address that they are asking you to reply to?

I would assume that the email asking for more information has come from no-reply@ so somewhere in the mail it should tell you how to provide the information.

No I never phoned them in the end. Just wanted to let you all know that PayPal have reversed the full payment and I'm waiting for it to clear back into my bank account! :D Thanks everyone for your help and advice!

Back
Top Bottom