scam?? can't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
Got this email following a craigslist posting:

How you doing?

My name is Natasha Williams. Originally, from Bronx, New York. I work in Germany presently.

I read your description and am interested in your services,I will be importing some computers into the states soon.The PC are laptops Pentium 3 dell & Zinox Centrino Computers...i want you to Install softwares, clean inner & outer computer components and update softwares to current status. They are about 10;10 computers. I have a shipping company that will ship them to and from you . So no worries about that .

I will be providing the softwares to be installed . Installation of softwares; anti virus,Microsoft excel,powerpoint,adobe pagemaker,microsoft office,coral draw and dvd player. These are the softwares I will provide and will provide each drivers/license keys for this softwares .

Get back to me with a price for 20 computers . I will like you to know this wont be an end to our transaction as I will be able to introduce you to more of my friends in this field depending on charges as we recently lost our engineer for as regards. I might have more work for you in the near future. Let me know.

Let me know if you'll accept money order or check as mode of payment.

I await your urgent response so that i can put this arrangements in order.

Thanks
Natasha.

craigslist is usually pretty good about not having a lot of spam. what you could do is ask for an address for her and just verify it, and verify the shipping company and such. but sounds good. what are you gonna do for a price. haha.

in all honesty if this is legit, you could probably get like 5000-6000 bucks out of it. like if you do 75 an hour, and it takes you 3 hours to do each computer.. that'd be a nice chunk of money.

Petey, Craigslist is full of scammers

I can't tell though.. seems kind of suspicious.. yet kind of not at the same time...

don't ruin my hopes and dreams about craigslist.

i wonder how window's perfection 34bit is treating doom....

You seriously can't tell? Scam. Plain and simple.

I would go into detail and point out most of the obvious reasons as to why it is, but I'm leaving with my family for lunch right now. So, maybe later...

no i can't.

reasons why i don't think it's a scam
offers to pay with check or money order.
offers to ship me all of the laptops and programs.
covers shipping
I COULD REALLY USE THE MONEY :D :D :D so my brains hoping that this is legit.

reasons why i think it's a scam:
poor layout
poor grammer/wording.
why can't they just do it themselves?

Scam. First off they want to export them to you! Not a good sign. They could easily just bring them to the states with them and then get the work done. By exporting them and putting your name on it. The balme goes to you.

End of story.

well most of the scammers tend to send very vague emails and don't specify details about themselves and make no specific mention about either the the item or the service you are offering. Like, if you were selling a guitar, a scammer would send an email saying 'I was interested in this item you are selling' rather than the 'I'm interested in purchasing your guitar'

The fact that this person is specifically referring to a specific set of requests and whatnot, gives hope to being legit. I say try and get her on the phone, and if she's coming back to the States, arrange to meet her in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom