Say Hello To Windows Live Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
That's right, say hello to Windows Live Messenger, because it's out and it's final.

It's been a long run for this app; we first started seeing traces of Windows Live Messenger in late August of 2005. It all started with 2 screenshots that leaked to web. Not too long after that, an unconfirmed features list leaked to the web as well (Many of which were in fact fake).

Finally after months of anticipation, the first ever leak of WLM surfaced on the net, build 290. Within days it was in the masses. Two months later, the first official beta version was released, build 365.

And now, after months and months of beta testing, Windows Live Messenger is finally out and about for the public to see and use. Build 8.0.0787 has just been released. Windows Live Messenger is Microsoft's next generation of messaging applications, as the predecessor of MSN Messenger; Windows Live Messenger has many great new features, such as:

- Great new UI
- Customizable interface (color)
- PC-2-PC Calling
- PC-2-Phone Calling
- Store up to 600 contacts
- Capability to edit your contacts info/nickname
- Offline Messaging
- Sharing Folders

And much much more, but I don't want to take up the whole front page. It's the end of an era; during the length of the beta WLM has had dramatic changes. With the help of all the testers involved, WLM has been shaped to what we see today.

So say bye bye to MSN Messenger and the good old butterfly, and say hello to Windows Live Messenger...

Download: WLM Final Build (8.0.0787)

http://www.jcxp.net/

Download here

Oddly, mere days after the release of the supposed "final" build of Windows Live Messenger (Build 787), Microsoft have released a new build of WLM - 8.0.0792.

The few changes offered in this build are currently unknown. We will keep you updated if a significant change is discovered. You need to download the 15 MB (approx.) package yet again, as no simple upgrade pack is available.

Update: Additional localized versions have been found, you can download them by using the links below.

Download: Windows Live Messenger (8.0.0792)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-4147-84c5-5bea685a1207/Install_Messenger.exe

www.jcxp.net

heh, i installed this today somehow.

i don't remeber doing it, but it's now running on my file server.
havn't played around w/ it to much yet, but as soon as i finish installing vista, i'm sure i'll give it a go.
looks a lot better than the last messenger though.

Many Windows Live Users today might have noticed that they were booted off of the messenger servers and then were unable to sign in again for almost 2 hours.

At first glance, it appeared to be a simple temporary problem with the servers. Once the stability of the servers returned to normal, users were greeted with a new build of WLM, 8.0.0792. (See Below).

Well all these server downtimes and new builds were not just for nothing. Popular messenger fan site mess.be discovered some new changes in this new build that show WLM is in fact fully ready to work with Yahoo! contacts.

The only thing holding users back from adding and chatting with Yahoo! messenger contacts is the fact that the server's MSP14 protocol has yet to have been turned on which is what's blocking Yahoo! + WLM interoperability.

Some people have already created proxy's which trick messenger into thinking it is using the MSP14 protocol which enables many of the Yahoo! features within WLM, however the ability to chat is still not present.

http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=17843&pid=140659&st=0&#entry140659

Excellent stuff.

When browsing on file hippo the other day i noticed there was a newer build to windows live than what i had so i download it (8.0.0787) and then today i see this post with another build! downloading as i type!
Noticed that all the other builds were something like 13.4 mb's but this one is 15.4mb? some new features i feel?
And yes here in the uk lastnight at about 9pm, me and most of my mates were booted off msn and couldnt sign back in until an hour later.

Long live WML :D

That jcxp website is fantastic, bookmarked now;)

Strange that file hippo didnt have that lastest build of WLM, there normally pretty good for having the lastest versions of everything!:confused:

This latest build was recently removed from the M$ website as well. Seems they let the cat out the bag just a tad bit to early. :D

Makaveli213 said:
This latest build was recently removed from the M$ website as well. Seems they let the cat out the bag just a tad bit to early. :D
yeah i noticed that, but i downloaded the newest build from the link above:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom