Saving user settings on Mandatory Profiles

luke127

The Ghost
Hey guys, I need some assistance.

So in most networks I've used so far, administrators use one of the following settings. Roaming profiles, or mandatory profiles. (Local profiles are inefficient for reasons I'm sure we can all visualise).

So my question is, how does one go about re-syncing their settings on mandatory profile, without manually re-opening every program and resetting each individual change from the default settings sent by the server? It's a major nuisance when you think of a program such as Microsoft's Visual Studio 2015, which has a myriad of options for the user to set, and I have to manually reset ALL of them every time I login to a computer on the university network.

Is there some way to "mass" set a series of settings across multiple programs? (Or perhaps I could copy some files from my home PC, that *could* work... (Considering I have the identical software version on my home PC)).

Advice?

Hey guys, I need some assistance.

So in most networks I've used so far, administrators use one of the following settings. Roaming profiles, or mandatory profiles. (Local profiles are inefficient for reasons I'm sure we can all visualise).

So my question is, how does one go about re-syncing their settings on mandatory profile, without manually re-opening every program and resetting each individual change from the default settings sent by the server? It's a major nuisance when you think of a program such as Microsoft's Visual Studio 2015, which has a myriad of options for the user to set, and I have to manually reset ALL of them every time I login to a computer on the university network.

Is there some way to "mass" set a series of settings across multiple programs? (Or perhaps I could copy some files from my home PC, that *could* work... (Considering I have the identical software version on my home PC)).

Advice?

For Visual Studio, end user can just sign into it with a Microsoft Account, and it will automatically sync their settings. Then when they log into another instance of VS, it will ask if they want to apply their settings.

As for the other stuff...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom