Save The Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrscientific13 said:
Microsoft doesn't have a monopoly. A monopoly is when there is only one provider of a service. There are others out there that provide operating systems, therefore there is no monopoly. I do not have any regrets about spending money on XP. It's perfect for what I use it for. OSX is basically idiot proof and shiny. I much prefer the windows method of things. I find windows easier to navigate and more enjoyable to use. I won't say anything about Linux except that I have no experience with it so I can't pass judgment on it.

Contrary to what you say the "little people" do have a say. That is why they formed a group and made a petition. That's why this thing has been in congress for so long and why it wasn't just swept under the rug. Corporations don't always win. And a bunch of "little people" in a large group and with lawyers and arguments are not by any means a force to be brushed aside. You make it seem like the apocalypse is upon us.

man, you might think so but thats coz you live in US and you don't see how sistem actually workes. don't want to make this political discusion so i'll stop here.

best explanation to this is one serbian saying "sila boga ne moli" witch means that that force doesn't pray to god (maybe not good translation but i thing you'll understaind what it means)

Yes, please do not turn this into a political bash, it's already political as it is. I thought we could discuss this matter in a civilized way, else I would of never posted it.

The issue of Net Neutrality has been a problem for over a year now as I am aware of, since August of 05 I believe. And millions of American still aren't aware what's going on or what's going to happen to the future of the Internet. Some simply don't care. It's those type of people who don't do anything or stand up to their government, that's how these bill get past. The least you can do is sign the petition or bring awareness to your community, even though this has been going on for a year now, it's still worth reminding everyone. I think we all share a common ground, and that's keeping the Internet neutral and stop big corporation from bullying the smaller guy.

ofcourse everyone is for Net Neutrality, no dubt about it. i'm just saying that there is not much we can do about it.
and yes it's better to something than nothing.

Good find.. I didn't know that these guys were trying to do something like this. This is just the beginning. Companies like this are always trying to do something to screw over the average person. Same goes with what Wall Street does to the normal Joe wrt investing... :)

VdySan said:
man, you might think so but thats coz you live in US and you don't see how sistem actually workes.

Since the web site focuses on the US it would be safe to assume that I know more about how "the system" works as I live in this country and you do not. Democracy usually works for this type of things. I really don't want to make this a political bash either so I'll stop myself. The fact of the matter his, however, that, in the US at least, net neutrality can be preserved. Citizens have a say in government and if enough people support this, then the corporations won't win. The web site gives plenty of ideas on support. Like what has been said, those who either don't take an interest or don't know how to participate are the ones who let the bills slip through.

Woah. I actually got a response from one of the senators.

Dear Mr. FireFox :

Thank you for contacting my office regarding network neutrality.

I appreciate your taking the time to bring your views on this important matter to my attention. As a United States Senator, it is essential that I be kept fully informed o n the issues of concern to my constituents. Be assured that I will keep your thoughts on this issue in mind when the Senate considers this or related issues during the 109th Congress.

Again, thank you for writing. The concerns of my cons tituents are of great importance to me, and I rely on you and other Pennsylvanians to inform me of your views. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at http://specter.senate.gov. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Arlen Specter

I wonder who it was that actually typed that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom