Save As Window Freezes

kevinmuf

Baseband Member
Everytime i try to save a file from ANY program, the save to destination window would open up, but then freeze. Everytime i go to a media player, click on file, and open...the open window would open, but again freeze...On msn When i try to send a file to a friend, the open window would open again but freeze. Everytime this happens, i have to CTRL + Alt + Del.
I believe this is not the programs fault, it only happens when the open or save to wondow opens up. How do i fix this so it doens't freeze?

Can you post up the specifications of your computer? Things like CPU, memory, etc. . .

When is the last time you did a general disk cleanup and defrag? Have you run a virus scan lately? Have you installed any new software or hardware before this started happening?

Acer Aspire 6920G
Intel core 2 due processor t5750
nvidia geforce 9500m GS turbocache
4 gb ddr2
320gb hdd
i do cleanups and defrags daily, if not, weekly. same with the virus scans. and its been like this sense new.
anything else u need?

i really wish this didnt happen, i cant even save a word document :(
i hope someone can get back to me on this

If it was me, I would try the repair the option with your os.
That is if your cpu came with one

uhm, explain? i dont know what you mean? how do i do that?

Put the windows disk in, and instead of installing the OS, just click/select repair windows. Of course, this is assuming you are using windows. This is also assuming your computer (it's a laptop right?) came with a windows disk.

yeah, im using windows on my laptop, but i do not have a vista disc. I do however have a windows XP disc. Is there anyway to get a disc for this?

Back
Top Bottom