SATA/IDE Adapter - 2.5" 3.5" - Capacity?

Heyall. It arrived in the mail and I'm pretty happy with it so far.
I only have a 500GB drive to test on it but it makes a pretty fast connection, very simple too.

There's dozens all over the internet so I just chose one on ebay. It only cost about $9 Australian, free postage too.

Not sure if the pricier ones have any extra capacity but this one I'm sure will go higher. The seller told me it has 2TB limit.

Very compact and easy.. Saves storing a box too. It comes with a SATA cable and a couple of others for different power connections, also the comb which fits into you IDE hard drive is double sided. One side is for a 3.5 inch the other for a 2.5 inch hard drive.

Cheers.

Anyway.. One more thing --I may have spoken too soon.-now that we're back on the subject.
I bought a cheap one and the power supply attached to it has gone already. Two days it lasted. I'm going back to the manufacturer to see what they can do but that could very well be the difference between the more expensive ones and the cheap ones. Maybe worth finding out where they are made. This one is made in China and there doesn't seem to be a brand on the box.. It just says SATA/IDE USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE cable.
I'm a bit dissapointed because it ran really well while it lasted.. Will keep you updated and if the seller doesn't play ball I'll use this forum to shame them.
Yes, stand by...

I've got one, I also don't see how they could limit it, since Windows will be taking over the addressing of it etc etc since it's not a drive booting from the BIOS.

It's a shame your powersupply went, I order one by without the power supply by accident so now have another random tiny power supply with a molex connector and SATA power thingy. Does the job great when in need of getting access to a HDD.

I agree, they're not bad at all. I've been in contact with the seller and they're sending me another one. It's coming from China and it feels a little cheap but I think thats the difference. I thought I was buying from an Australian company but it ended up being from China. The quality is always a little dubious from there so thats why I would maybe target a specific brand, just so you know what you're getting. But you already have one connchri (and an extra piece) so I assume yours is still working.

Back
Top Bottom