SATA Help

sh3l1

Solid State Member
Currently I am stuck with Linux. I don't like Linux but, I can't go back to windows because it doesn't recognize my HD. The problem, I believe is with SATA. I had it working fine, but during one of my hardware installs a cable came loose leaving only SATA, which windows isn't updated to handle. Both Linux and Vista work fine, being updated within the last 5 years or so, however I have major issues with Linux and my Vista key is expired (It was for BETA). Anyways, does anyone know what possibly could have happened?

My Hard Drive only has 4 input areas: SATA, SATA Power, Legacy Power, and Motherboard Pins. I don't think that the motherboard pins are the issues, and both powers are plugged in. I also don't think it would be possible for some sort of adapter to have come loose. Is it possible for me to get an updated version of XP (illegally) and use my old (legal) key? Also, my floppy drive doesn't work so I can't load the drivers before the windows install.

Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, I thought I would mention that I'm having display troubles in Linux, so I need to get this resolved quickly.

So that's a no then? Thought anyone having the same issue might find this helpful... didn't work for me.

Do you mean it wont recognize it when you try to install windows? Because you might have to hit F6 and use a floppy disk to add SATA drivers. You can get them from your motherboard manufacturer's site.

Back
Top Bottom