SATA Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew_WY

In Runtime
I tried installing my new SATA 120G SeaGate last night, but I wound up wanting to throw it through my window. I installed it in my case, hooked it up to my MB and my system isn't recognizing that it is there. I checked in my device manager and BIOS. I just want it for additional storage. I am not interested in any kind of a RAID set up. Thanks. Let me know what additional info you guys might need.

synth7

In Runtime
Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management > make sure the new hard drive is formatted for Windows to recognize.

Brew_WY

In Runtime
From what I read on Seagates website there is no master slave relationship for these hard drives( or its set that way by your system software). Its a barracuda 120GB 7200RPM hard drive. I havn't formatted the drive. So I guess I will start with that when I get home. Thanks. If I still have problems I will post back.

Mk97

In Runtime
Ya... you need to format, you can do it thru Windows, or usually there will be a CD with software on it.

mizo

Beta member
You should be able to format the drive on boot up with the OS disk in the CD drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.