Sata 6.0 Gbps

Yep. Estimated top end.
If the board is not back wards compatible then I'd pass it up. When sata II came out most boards where and still are sata I backward compatible.
If this is not holding true with sata III then just wait a couple of months for board makers to rethink their designs.

I dont think they are,

looks like this is my new board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128443

Yep. Estimated top end.
If the board is not back wards compatible then I'd pass it up. When sata II came out most boards where and still are sata I backward compatible.
If this is not holding true with sata III then just wait a couple of months for board makers to rethink their designs.

Yeah, as of the last time I looked on new egg there were only 4 available Sata III HDDs like someone above me. And I already have the hard drives I want. So, I will pass that board. Thanks for pointing it out specifically,because someone else told me they were backwards compatable =\

Sure looks backward compatible to me...it's offering RAID for SATAII and eSATA for SATAII...ninjadit: I take that back. It much just be for the TWO SATAII ports. Lame sauce.

SATA 3.0 is fully backwards compatible with the previous versions of SATA.
SATA 6Gb/s promises new levels of performance for networks. This specification is backward compatible with earlier SATA Implementations 1.5 and 3Gb/s. This specification maintains the low cost and low power for which SATA is acclaimed.

SATA Revision 3.0

Currently, the only drives that will make use of the added bandwidth are the SSD drives, some of which were pushing the limits of SATA 2.0.

I would feel much better buying brand new ive had so many problems with this compouter build.

Back
Top Bottom