Sarcasm has it's own punctuation mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
It's about time!

US company has created a punctuation mark that it hopes will be used to express sarcasm. It can be downloaded for a small charge and then inserted into documents with a Ctrl key command. The company proposes that the SarcMark can be used to avoid confusion in emails:

Anyone concerned that the irony of their email or text message might not be appreciated by its recipient can use the symbol to close their sentence, thereby avoiding awkward misunderstandings.

The symbol – a dot inside a single spiral line – can be installed onto any PC running Windows 7, XP or Vista, as well as Macs and Blackberry mobile devices.

Sarcasm Punctuation Mark – Neatorama

If you need a punctuation mark to indicate sarcasm you need to seriously think about learning english.

And lol @ Trotter's

Pay for it? The first time it was sent to me... /copy/... /paste/... send. :D

I do hope the entire article is satire. It was good for a laugh, but not much else. :/

Maybe this wasn't the best place to post this? haha

Not everyone spends every minute on a computer and understands your thoughts through words....

Sarcasim Mark?

Sarcasm, Inc (based in Michigan, USA) has come up with an innovative emoticon (if there can be such a thing). It's the SarcMark, which is designed to let people know when you meant something to be sarcastic. This new form of punctuation is like an unfinished circle (or squiggle, if I'm being honest) with a dot in the middle, and can be easily downloaded for "just" $1.99. It's needed, the company says, because of three core beliefs:

Do we really need a sarcasm mark? - School Gate - Times Online - WBLG

I think it's a good idea. But that "thing" they made is stupid as he**.

rk.png

^ That's the thing.

Also, I would never pay $2 for something so stupid :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom