Sanyo Juno SCP2700 USB Drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I have the above phone, through BOOST Mobile. I have received a USB cable from eBay, so I can connect it with my computer. Although, Windows 7 cannot find a driver for it.

No one else seems to know online. I did find one torrent that includes a setup.exe and a device driver, but the exe comes back saying "This software was not installed correctly (17)" These drivers were made for XP, so I thought to run it in compatibility mode, no dice. So I just tried to install the driver through device manager. It said it found the driver, but could not install it...

Mak, you know anything on this? I'll ask Boost, but while I wait, anything you people know?

That software doesn't have my phone listed.

I don't have that tool of mass storage. My phone does not have a SD card in it.

Then your best bet will be to talk to Boost. Unless you want to install the XP Mode and use that's every time you plug in your phone.

It is the same as any other piece of hardware out there. If the manufacturer doesn't make the proper drivers then there is nothing that can be done. Even if the device was released when Vista was out if Sanyo only released XP drivers and not XP x64 or Vista drivers then there not going to be a way to force it to install.

Sadly the XP drivers are not fully forward compatible. There is a slight chance you can force them. But it is tricky. First you will need to see what your device manager says when you plug in the device. Is it just under unknown device or what?

From there double click on it and click the driver tab. See if you can install drivers and select the package that you downloaded. It might force it to install.

Boost customer care said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us through boostmobile.com.

I have attempted to contact you regarding your inquiry on boostmobile.com; however, I was unable to reach you. Please contact our Customer Care Team at 888-BOOST-4-U (1-888-266-7848).

Unable to reach me, how? I should send another email to them.

@Mak:
boost.png

@Patonb: I want a way that I can get my camera pictures off it. I know there is another way to do it. Just would be simpler. Also if I want to put custom ringtones on there.

That picture only tells me that Windows couldn't find a driver. That doesn't tell me what the device manager says.

Have you tried using just Bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom