Sand Floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hickfarm said:
I will consider laminated flooring. Does anybody know how thick it is. I don't want to step up from our hallway into my room. LOL

We did tile in our bathroom about a week ago...and now stepping into the bathroom, I can totally feel the about 1/4 inch increase in the height. I've been walking into that bathroom for 12 years.. and that 1/4 increase is very noticable.... its weird because you dont think you would notice it.. =/

A thick carpet would be the same height as your average laminate flooring, if you installed both over floorboards.

I'm not sure what kind of time Static used, since laminate tiles are only like 40mm thick, if that.

WorldIndustries said:
All floors are wooden underneath. Are you just talking about the floorboards of the house? You really shouldn't tamper with those. Just ask your mom if you can get some floating hardwood, or even linoleum or vinyl tiles that look like hardwood :p

A lot of floors are concrete underneath the carpet.

I'm not sure what kind of time Static used, since laminate tiles are only like 40mm thick, if that.

Tile = ceramic tile.

I've laid that, too.

one word: PERGO

its like fake wood, i was 14 when i layed my kitchen with it, extremely easy,tongue and groove type stuff, looks EXCELLENT!! looks just like wood, no nailing, no glue. top notch stuff. i wanted to do my room in it, but i figured i would be rolling around in my computer chair on it too much

http://www.pergo.com/

I was going to sand the floor. But it would take forever with all the humidity for the varnish and sealer and everything to dry.

So me and my mom installed fake laminate flooring im my room. Just had to put a pad on top of the old floor and then snap the laminate pieces together on top. Was a pain to get the pieces to snap together. We finally got it though. It looks great!! Now all we have to do is nail up the woodwork we had to take off.

We still have to do my closet also. I will try to post pics as soon as i get all my furniture and other items back in my room.

I haven't had my room since the middle of July when we had a small fire in it.:( I miss my room a lot. There is mo privacy anywhere else.
The only good side is that i get rid of all my old wall paper and crappy carpet. So it wasn't all bad.

goto home depot or lowes or whatever hardware store is near you and take a look at their selection of flooring. learn about the pros and cons of each. take price, installation ease, and durability into consideration. there's many many different grains, colors, materials, etc....you're bound to find something you really like. my personal favorite is bamboo flooring.

bamboo is incredible strong so even though you're using real wood, it's not normally as thick as real wood oak, birch, or pine floors.....it's not likely to scratch or dent either. also, bamboo grows so fast that it's very environmentally-friendly to use.

if you're looking for no static, cork floors are nearly 100% anti-static.

cork floors: http://www.galaflex.com/cork_jelinek.htm

bamboo floors: http://www.galaflex.com/bamboo_kentwood.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom