samsung screen burn in protection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps3147

Baseband Member
I just bought this Samsung plasma tv the other day and just wanted to know if I set the Screen burn in protection settings to full e.g. changing the horizontal and vertical pixel shift to the highest number possible with the quickest amount of time they shift on. Will this make playing games or movies seem less detailed as the screen will be moving more pixels around quicker. Should I just leave the settings off or on mid settings.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help as I do not know much about plasma tv's but a friend of mine told me screen burn in protection should be on full settings but another said this makes teh screen look not so clear especially when playing games.

Link to TV if it helps: http://www.currys.co.uk/...386&category_oid=

Honestly I dont think the burn in protection does much of anything... Just make sure the tv doesnt display the same image over and over, such as the channel water mark at the bottom...

I never really had a problem with burn in until I downloaded the Resident evil 5 demo yesterday and after playing it I noticed that the health bars were still visible on the screen once I had turned the game off after a while they went. Thats why I asked by putting burn in protection on full would it help to prevent this and also by doing this would it affect picture quality once it is tuned on.

It will help, you can always do it to see what happens, but if a huge area of the screen is the same color or close to the same color then it wont really help any as far as i know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom