Samsung 940BW or Viewsonic VA1912W? HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraseyboy

Solid State Member
I'm in the market for a nice fancy new 19" Widescreen to replace my STUPIDLY bought Cheapo no-name brand 19" CRT which makes my eyes hurt. It would be mostly used for movies (as it is for a HomeTheatre PC) and web browsing.

At first I was going to buy the Viewsonic VA1912W, then I came across the Samsung 940BW. There is basicly NO reviews on the 940BW, but plenty on the VA1912W... Samsung is a good brand name but so is Viewsonic... And the Samsung does have a 4ms response time but do I really need it that low?

The Samsung is slightly more expensive than the Viewsonic... I can't decide at all. Is the Samsung worth that little extra? Or should i get something else entirely? What do you guys think?

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 940B for image editing - I assume they just expanded it for the widescreen edition...

If it helps - I love it enough to buy a second monitor. That's where $340 of my hard earned money is going this summer... FANTASTIC monitor. Great for gaming, too.

Eagleboy said:
I have a Samsung Syncmaster 940B for image editing - I assume they just expanded it for the widescreen edition...

If it helps - I love it enough to buy a second monitor. That's where $340 of my hard earned money is going this summer... FANTASTIC monitor. Great for gaming, too.

Hmm I've read loads of good things about the 940b and almost nothing about the 940bw... But I think I'll go with it. Its much less ugly than the Viewsonic one and is probably better with 4ms vs 8ms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom