Safely remove hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Hi, I have a component of my printer which I need for it to operate. My problem is that there is an icon in my system tray that wants to "Safely remove hardware" from my machine. How can I get rid of the message so it will stop appearing in the sys tray please?

TIA

the only way is to unplug the printer (or any hardware it's listing)

I find that it doesn't actually do any damage when just unplugging it without going through the stop process.

It only damages when you unplugg USB Flash Drives it sorrupts the info it doesn't always happens but if the PC is synchroinizing with it it will corrput it for sure I've seen about three or four cases from friends of mine tha have done that.

yeh if anything is trying to use a flash drive wen u pull it out it either reformats your flash disk mor currupts half the files, not too much different to drooping it in a buket of water

To remove the icon in system tray, right click task bar, select properties, then at the bottom right click on customize, from there you can choose to permanently hide the icon, thats what i did because it just randomly appeared and wouldnt go away

Re:

jonny_uk said:
To remove the icon in system tray, right click task bar, select properties, then at the bottom right click on customize, from there you can choose to permanently hide the icon, thats what i did because it just randomly appeared and wouldnt go away

...same here. It's really annoying! Sometimes it re-appears in the taskbar tray even though I've set the icon to hide, and I find myself having to re-hide it time after time.

With the whole USB drive and safe removal thingymajig, it should be fine to remove the USB drive without stopping the device in the safely remove hardware dialogue beforehand...so long as it's set to:

drivepolicies0ls.jpg

...in the properties of the drive in device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom