Safe Mode Bust...can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
Hello,

I am using Windows 98.
on an optiplex Dell about 10 years old.?

My computer wont act normally anymore, I have no access to the internet, and when I turn it on it only to goes to Safe Mode again every time. When I go to the shutdown screen I only get Restart and Shutdown options.

I ran a virus scan, and a anti-spyware scan, and it found nothing.

I checked my hardware but everything is working fine, I presume that obviously the problem must be at the hard drive handling all the info and stuff.

It has a certian symptons I have never seen before, like it highlights more than one item at a time anytime i click on an Icon.

I tried going into MS-DOS and selectively formatting my hard drive but i dont have even that available as an option or a command prompt.

So their is my dilemma, is their anything you guys can come up with that could possibly aid my computer before trashing it?

I honestly think the problem is of age, but im not in any financial position to replace one.

Thanks guys

try pressing F8 when booting, and see if it gives you an option to run the OS in normal mode.

if that doesnt work, then i think you need to reinstall windows. just pop the disc in, boot it, and it will sort out the formatting for you as part of the install procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom