Sadaam is officially convicted of war Crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
molsen said:
i'm not familiar with iraqi judicial law, but i'm sure there will be at least one appeal trial. you know things like this are rarely final...

according to what I saw on CNN, there will be appeal trials but if the death penalty is not overturned, he must die 20-30 days after the appeals end.

I think he should have at least been given the firing squad like he wanted. It shouldn't make any differnece between hanging or firing squad unless you just like to see people hang by their necks? :confused:

About the "technology, why can't we find him" comment, yes we do have more advanced technology then Iraq and it is surprising to learn of some of our capabilities, however we don't have the technology to cover such a vast area/border that is heavy in mountainous terrain and caves. You have to remember also, certain minerals either deflect or scramble signals for searching, so when dealing with this terrain much has to be done physically. These caves run deep! Many people here using technology to find them and instantly think star trekish... not even close.

j4ckaL said:
I think he should have at least been given the firing squad like he wanted. It shouldn't make any differnece between hanging or firing squad unless you just like to see people hang by their necks? :confused: [/B]

if he was granted that, it would have given him what he wanted. To say to the people that he is still in control, and can still do things his way. It's like saying your parents are still in control of you and your life, even if your married with 3 kids. You have your life, no matter what anyone else says...

It's a matter of they're rule, not ours... they're traditions, and customs... not ours. they're way of life, though influenced by "us", not ours.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I wonder if it will be filmed and put up on youtube? It could potentially be the greatest, "OWNED" video of all times.

lol, as always a great comment from havoc. I think there likely will be at least pictures, so you may be granted your wish.

Interesting Fact:

Threads get closed when they somehow transform into political crap from general news.

moderatorbotcopy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom