SAAB Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefemeister

Lord Techie,
The last potential buyer for SAAB, Dutch Spyker, has pulled out and GM has given notice of the closure of SAAB.

Saab läggs ned - 8000 jobb på spel - Saab - www.ttela.se
Sorry it is in Swedish.

This will really hurt the economy in the area in which I live as up to 8,000 jobs will be lost including the jobs of many people I know.

More info:

PARIS — Saab, whose stylish yet idiosyncratic cars drew a fiercely loyal customer base over the last six decades, is set to close after last-minute negotiations by General Motors to sell the beleaguered brand collapsed Friday.

The news of Saab's closure caps a calamitous year for the global auto industry, with G.M. and Chrysler both filing for bankruptcy while foreign carmakers racked up billions in losses.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/19/business/global/19saab.html

Too feel sorry for the jobs that are going. But SAAB is going to be missed in my books. Ugly Cars, and the drivers are normally complete tossers.

Too feel sorry for the jobs that are going. But SAAB is going to be missed in my books. Ugly Cars, and the drivers are normally complete tossers.

I had a saab...so your pretty much on the mark there! lol.

Still, wasn't a bad car - good for the price i got it for. I never like it when any car company goes bust, so i think its a bit of a shame.

I've read somewhere that saab cars aren't the best of quality, especially recently... but i am diggin the european look. Speaking of deals falling through, did Opel get sold yet? Or has that fallen through as well?

My former boss as a SAAB. Over priced and they devalue very quickly.
He paid about $60 000 for one brand new. Looked after it and every thing. 3 Years later, the same dealership was going to give him $8000 for it.

GM appears to be restructuring opel as they need it for their overseas sales.

Really...... you got any links on this? Opel (EU) = Holden (Aust)

My former boss as a SAAB. Over priced and they devalue very quickly.
He paid about $60 000 for one brand new. Looked after it and every thing. 3 Years later, the same dealership was going to give him $8000 for it.

Really...... you got any links on this? Opel (EU) = Holden (Aust)

This, especially the 9-7X, I don't know why anybody would pay $40,000 what is basically an over-glorified Chevy Trailblazer.

GM appears to be restructuring opel as they need it for their overseas sales.

I was stationed in Germany and I saw a lot of the Opel cars. They are almost the exact duplicate of Chevy over there. One guy in our shop had one that was actually really nice.. 18" wheels and a tune.. Very sporty lookin.

Kinda like this one.. an 02~ish with a turbo 4 cyl 2.2L Ecotech, IIRC.
2002_astra_opc.jpg

__27_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom