rx570 issues

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
ok, Running my computer off the new psu 650 watt. It has a 6 pin+2 and a 8 pin plug on it and a PCI 6 pin. I installed the video card,(rx570 4g ) it won't even go to Bios. Everytime i try and boot it does the Beep but thats all. then it will do it again. When it does it the white light on the side lights up and stays lit. I get a white light from the center area of the gpu and then it goes to Red and the system trys top reboot. It will continue as long as i don't turn off the psu on/off switch. Should i try the 6 pin that has a 2 pin connector from the psu or use the 8 pin from the pcu?It fits right in the PSI slot 16 bit i think it is.Any other ideas as my other card died all the way last night. I am trying to use on board Graffias and forget it. None of the drivers will help. Any ideas? could the gpu be defective or like i was thing that i need to change the connector from the 8 pin plug to the one that has the 6 pin plug with the extra 2 pin plug. I only have a few options for this. I know that the card will work with this motherboard and the PSU is new...Well about a year old now. Did i miss something?? I have tried to download the drivers for this card and then install the card to fire it up. Any ideas?? Celery, If you read this help buddy, I know you have one just like mine. :confused:

Update, The 6+2 is the right configuration for this board. I would have thought the single 8 pin plug would have been ok.. The only thing i am still having issues is the size of the screen and don't say it i already downloaded the driver package and installed it. Just another bug to iron out. :lol:

I am running, not at the computer right now but something like 1400X 1200 something. Monitor is a 4k. It had to do with the power plug for some reason. My psu has three cords and plugs that were not being used. There is a 6 pin, a 8 pin, and a 6+2 pin connection. I thought the 8 pin connection should do it, but I couldn't even get the bios to show. Black screen of death. I finally decided to try the one with 6 pins and two in with it and tried and it worked perfect. A couple of games I played at 1280p was clearer and sharper and was getting 50+ fps. I think I got a winner!! Now if that ssd card would com in i can finish my upgrades.

The 8-pin is probably for your mobo, or at leas t newer ones for the newer CPUs.

You are probably right on that. I didn't think about that at the time. I just can't remember stuff anymore. I still have other things that i could plug in like that 8 pin plug for a newer motherboard and i have a few power plugs for sata and another 6 pin plug for something. Other than the ssd i am finished with this build. Next one will be a ryzen!

Funny that the 8 pin plug fits. Mine has the 6 pin plus the two loose single plugs all on the same cable. That 8 pin plug could've done damage the card.

The 8 pin plug are probably the CPU power plug. Back then they were 4 pin plug.

Wicked card hey? Mine's a 4 gig 256 bit.

Back
Top Bottom