Rusty '66 Mustang value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
My dad found an old 1966 mustang that is in rough shape and is perfect for a restoration project. The guy said he want's $5000 for it but he said that no offer would offend him. Do any of you have any idea how much a rusty '66 Mustang coupe with a V6 engine would go for?

If the frame is ok, and there isn't to much rust then I would pay 2500 for it. If the body is pretty straight maybe more. Things to look out for in old Mustangs are rusted over floor panels, rusted out seat humps (where the seat goes), rusted out trunk panels, dinged and bent up quarters and fenders, front disc vs 4 drum brakes, cracked or repaired shock towers, front and rear suspension quality, and what kind of condition the engine is in. I should also mention, northern Mustangs tend to suffer more rust damage than ours down in the south. Salt is a big no no for these cars. Just an FYI, I was offered 6000 for my running 68.

There was no V6 64-69 Mustang. What is there is probably a 200ci i6 1v which is a work horse if taken care of properly. If there is in fact a V6 then I wouldn't buy it.

The guy said he would take $3000 for it but after getting a chance too look at it myself and comparing it with others I found online that were in better condition and actually ran for less I decided not to get it.

Yea but if I don't do anything to it then it's just gonna sit there. If I start working on it I'll put the title in my name. Can't sell it then. Also, the most expensive 67 coupe in this area is 18k and it is beyond show quality. She just wont get that much for it because she has no way of proving what it really is.

If it was to be sold, it's something you would need to have papers on to prove what it is, be **** near factory condition, (the factory spacing spec for body panels and such, just the appearance of the body, not talking about factory parts like brakes and such), and just over all beautiful, at auction, they can bring in some serious cash.

On a side note, I have gotten too used to pressing enter to submit messages thanks to facebook. :(

She was hoping to sell it to some collector who would "know" what he was looking at. One of these days I hope to go over there and snag the VIN and I bet it doesn't match what is supposed to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom