Runnning Win Xp on a Mac??

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
Hey I was just reading up on the news the other day, and they were saying you can now run Windows Xp on a intel-based mac. What do you guys think about this revelation?? All you need to run Win Xp on a mac is an intel based mac, with a win xp installation disc and the software called Boot camp. I think the boot camp software is a beta so there might be some bugs in it. Everyone feel free to give their opinion on this topic..

Heres the link for the Boot Camp download.
http://www.download.com/Apple-Boot-Camp/3000-2274_4-10521982.html

And a video of how it in action...
http://news.com.com/1606-2_3-6058207.html

Its cool I guess, but many people have talked about this in the past.

well i just found out that microsoft is planning to sell windows xp for macs. im not lieing.

edit: woops, apple/microsoft are releasing a patch that allows users to run windows xp on their mac.

Eh, the video does play..lol. John123, isnt the patch for macs, called the boot camp software?

I don't think that running XP on a mac is going to be all that popular. After all, most of the people who buy mac's buy them to get away from windows. I think that mac os on a pc would be more popular.

Edit: Also, why buy a $2000 mac with windows when you can buy a $1200-$1500 pc and have the same thing.

This is all messed up though. If we have interchangeable PC's with the capability of using either Mac OS and Windows on any PC regardless if they're Apple or not, then Apple has just become a clone of IBM along with Compaq, HP, Gateway, Dell, etc. etc. Apple was known for their creativity and uniqueness. Now that is dissapearing.

i got an insider tip on this 2 weeks before it was announced... I will probally do that for my next computer! i love the idea, macs look so sleek and all.

Yeah I have to agree with TRDCorolla, Apple is losing the main reason people buy their Imacs with this thing. Maybe it will help bridge gaps between Microsoft and Apple, lol.
Hopefully, this will not end their rivalry and we'll keep seeing good things from both companies.

Back
Top Bottom