Running XP on another harddrive inside Vista

taekwondodogoof

Baseband Member
I have 2 hard drives.. one has xp on it, and one has vista. I was wondering if there's a way to run the other hard drive inside vista. I have looked at Virtual PC, but I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

Can you explain that a bit more? Not totally sure what your wanting to do here

you mean like a dual boot? ... that would just need the boot.ini editing.... or do you mean like running vista and then having xp running from some sort of window?

I'm sorry if I'm being unclear... I was inquiring about what Dude_se said. I want to have XP running inside Vista like in a application window. Thanks for the help :D

I looked at that, but it appeared to me that I couldn't run off a different hard drive... that I had to setup a new windows XP inside the vista hard drive in a virtual pc file.

ohh i get ya. i cant seem to find any other ways though :( its a bit of a random request lol. havent you got some crappy old pc to run xp off?

I cant think of anyway to do it apart from using VPC or VMWare, but they are both virtual

Ok.. thanks for the help. I just wanted to use XP inside of Vista because it's a pain to dual boot of different hard drives.

Back
Top Bottom