Running the wires

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well i have ordered teh parts in my sig, and i have most of them in my posssesion. I'm starting to prep what i can while i wait for my board and RAM. I am wondering (i know its a noob question) is it safe to run wires (from psu, sata wires, etc) underneith the board so it doesn't get in the way?

I have no clue... but i wouldn't do it if it were me... not that much space between the mobo and the case.

I wouldn't do it, my guess is the plastic casings that surround the wire could melt and short your system out probably damaging the whole thing depending on what wire.

alrighty, thanks for the info. i was thinkin that was a possiblity (especially since i plan on over-clocking).

thanks i will. i woulda gotten teh board in teh case already, but my boss took it off my pile and sold it to a customer.... so i must wait for another to come in (tommarow hopefully)

^Mike^ said:
I wouldn't do it, my guess is the plastic casings that surround the wire could melt and short your system out probably damaging the whole thing depending on what wire.
Well, I don't all agree here.

You can wire it under the board, but for one, you will need to put the wires in place before the board. You should avoid the CPU part, if it heats a high temps...but, as it's plastic, if it would melt the wires, the heastsink's plastic would be the same...but, to be safe, just don't wire it under the CPU.

Next, you might not have enough wiring for it to go long enough to the drives. If it does, then good. If you think for shorting, plastic is an insulator, so it's not shorting.

Yes, that's right. Running the wires under the board hinders the length of the power cables and if you ever do need that extra length, you won't be able to connect them to your devices.

Yeah, I know--just reinforcing it. I actually tried doing that before and it was a pain in the butt. I regret doing it so I end up taking the motherboard off and redoing the whole darn thing.

Back
Top Bottom