Router??

there not worth it for the firewall but for 2 or monre computers it worth it, if your worried about "Attacks" look at this is you have a older extra computer www.smoothwall.org

thanks for the link...i have a pc-cillin firewall but i just thought hardware firewalls are better? or is my pc-cillin firewall adequite

cantona said:
thanks for the link...i have a pc-cillin firewall but i just thought hardware firewalls are better? or is my pc-cillin firewall adequite

Unless you have lots of enemies who know how to hack, the PCcillan will do perfectly, but HARDWARE firewalls dont eat up system resources. :D

and darkblade what do you think of the router (with firewall) on my link...also darkblade you wouldnt happen to have neighbours who could get it for me cheaper lol

Netgear is pretty good, although I hate them right now because my wireless 108Mbps router system is messed up because of that storm (it was not connected to my UPS nor our houses power purifier... how dumb of me...)

cantona said:
is there a reason the router in my link is so cheap compared to others?

No, I wouldn't assume so. I would assume Netgear has a newer model and is phasing that one out, so companies wish to dump them from their inventories.

Get it. IF you DO have a problem, Netgear is helpful. I jsut had to leave unexpectedly, so I recall them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom