Router Problems

bussman180sx

Beta member
I have three computers in my house. Two desktops and 1 notebook. If I have my cable modem hooked up to the main computer my internet is fine. If I hook up through my router (D Link DI-524), then my internet connection goes out here and there. Usually it goes out for a few minutes. Any ideas?

Do a firmware update on the router?

EDIT: and just for the record, dlink can kiss my a**. I had to call them, so i could transfer a customer, and they wouldnt even talk to the customer because i didnt have the model number. I mean alls they have to do is speak with the damn customer to get it. So i called back to get someone who spoke english, and everything went better....This was the same problem i had with my customer by the way^^^

burton_o6 said:
Do a firmware update on the router?

EDIT: and just for the record, dlink can kiss my a**. I had to call them, so i could transfer a customer, and they wouldnt even talk to the customer because i didnt have the model number. I mean alls they have to do is speak with the damn customer to get it. So i called back to get someone who spoke english, and everything went better....This was the same problem i had with my customer by the way^^^

It says I have the latest firmware.

ok ...wow. i had the exact same problem as you, believe me. i was so frustrated. i called d-link probably about 10 times, no joke. they all said different stupid things. i finally got someone whoknew what they were talking about. turns out, it was something with the computer. you have to let the d-link manager program manage the connection instead of windows...i forget how to do it but i think you have to click the wireless icon in the taskbar and uncheck the box that says "let windows manage this connection" ... or something like that. i dont remember. but that should work. keep calling dlink though. everyonbe will probly tell you that the 524 is the worst router, but once you fix it then its good. i've had it since the summer and its been fine, except for when i first got it

ok, found out it was not the router. It was my cable. My incoming line to the house was in pretty rough shape. A technician swapped it out and now its all good

good, thats what i was just about to say.. I just had to get stronger signals at my house aswell. Glad its working!

Back
Top Bottom