Router Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wak_wak

Baseband Member
i have a problem with my new router linksys BEFSR41, i cant access it using the http://192.168.1.1.

and its odd because i plug my modem in the router, the PC1 is working properly but the PC2 is not working, and when i ping the 192.168.1.1 i got time outs 100% failed.

any suggestion on how could i fix this thing?

thanx

On the working computer, type "ipconfig". Look for "default gateway"; the address listed here is the one you will use to access the router.

Now, on to the non working computer. Type "ipconfig" on this one and make sure you're getting a valid IP, NOT 169.x.x.x. If it is an address simmilar to this, you're not getting assigned an address by the router for some reason. Could be caused by a number of things(ie. NIC drivers on the comp, bad cable, bad NIC, bad port on router, etc.)

PC1 IP Address: 192.168.1.100
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.198.1.1

PC2 IP Address: 192.168.1.101
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.198.1.1

PC1 and PC2 is connected to BEFSR41 v4. Internet Connection is DSL using a modem, with username and password everytime i login.

My Network:
->LAN is ok, i can access the shared document of PC1 from PC2 and vice versa.
->I have internet connection in both PC.

Problem is:
->PC1 internet connection speed is 256 kbps.
->PC2 internet connection speed is just 16 kbps.
->i cant access the router via 192.198.1.1

please help me diagnose the problem.

what is the problem? my router? or configuration?

thanks.

Reset the router, because you need to get into the web configuration and configure it to use PPoE and put the user and password on the router instead of using the computer to log into your DSL account. This will help stop the problem with having both computer logging into the same account because basically you can only login one time.

i just install port mapper, when i tried to configure it, router cant be detected..

how would i reset and install my router properly?
detach all cables at the back of the router and reset it for 30 seconds? then after plug all the cables and turn it on?
or run the cd first which is a setup wizard of BEFSR41 v4?

You don't really need the CD. There should be a reset button on router, use a small item like a toothpick and yea hold it down for about 30 second. Plug your computer back into it and open up command prompt and do these command in the following order.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Then do ipconfig /all and take notice of the default gateway. That's the address of the router.

can i setup BEFSR41 v4 without the cd which is the setup wizard? i mean do it manualy? and how is it done?

thanx

reset the router without detaching the cables? ill just turn off my pc and modem? then reset the router for 30 seconds then turn it off? then turn everything on and do the:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

right?

thanx Law..

i got it.. thanks, ill just inform you if i could access my router and change it to PPPoE..

thanks alot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom