Router Help

Stuff9928

Solid State Member
I have a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. My connection problem has nothing to do with the wireless aspect but the PC-Modem-Router connection. Whenever I try to go on the internet and open up a webpage with my router it gives me a Server Not Found Firefox error page. This started a few weeks ago, so I bypassed my router and it worked without the router, so now I'm trying to reconnect the router and it won't connect.

At the bottom right, it says that it's connected. I have all the cables in right. When I go to the configuration page (http://192.168.0.1) I see that my WAN IP is the same as my normal IP, but my router's IP Is different when I check the network connections menu. I think that that is normal.

I tried yesterday, it would work for about 20 seconds then go off, so I'd unplug it and hook it back up and it would work for another 20 seconds, but the 4th time I tried it, it just stopped working.

Any help?

Quite common for these cheap routers to completly fail like this, talk to D-Link about getting a replacement. They have around a 50% failure rate within a year.

Quite common for these cheap routers to completly fail like this, talk to D-Link about getting a replacement. They have around a 50% failure rate within a year.

Hmm...really?

Also, if this helps, all the necessary lights are on, the Status light steadily flashes though.

Back
Top Bottom