router access

Status
Not open for further replies.

void_stuff

Beta member
hello to all... my problem is that i have a router and when i try to access it configuration panel i doesn't work. What i do is the standard thing: I put my ip number to the internet browser address bar. It shoud appear the zyxel configuration page, then i can open some ports. I am connected by cable to my router (i am the 2dary pc) and there is another pc connected to the router.

Anyone has any idea about what is happening?
and here is a link to the model of my router (zyxel 650 series with 4-port-HUB)

http://us.zyxel.com/web/download/20...0030822_3-40-P650_series_v3-40_UsersGuide.pdf
http://www.zyxel.com/web/support_download_detail.php?sqno=395413

If you are using XP got the start>run>type "cmd" (no quotes)
At the command line type ipconfig /all
this will show your current IP settings. look for the adapter that you have connected to the router and check your ip address. then check out your gateway address. the gateway addres is the address of the router. use that address when trying to connect to the router.

Also, do you know if your router is set to be managed by only one PC? I know that some routers have the option to SPECIFY which computer will have access to view & change the router's config.

I know the ipconfig stuff and have put that ip address or my default gateway into the browser but it still dowsn't work!!!

My pc is the 2dary so it is possible that the primary is set to be the only pc that can configure the router....BUT.....I have also tried putting the numbers 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 into the browser of the primary pc beside me and it wont work too. Maybe i have to serach for more possible numbers inside the 1ry pc as i have searched for in my pc. But it is very wierd that it won't work.

What browser are you using? Because when I use Firefox I have to specify the port like this 192.168.2.1:88

Belkin uses port 88.

Certain router use different ports, most home router will use port 80. But yours might differ. Don't know if this is your problem.

Another solution is to reset the router and try again. Also using different browser.

You should also consider if there are any firewall running on your OS to disable them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom