round IDE cables

bigboy111

Solid State Member
i have made a wonderfull discovery. with my recent purchase of round ide/floppy cables my cpus tempature has dropped 5 degrees centigrade. not only do they look better but they improve the airflow. i have a 120 mm fan in the front of my case and my ribbons used to block it. now air flows right out. i highly reccomend buying these. they are only like 3-6 bucks and is totally worth it.

i bought this kit:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=470328&CatId=413

works great and make my case look really cool.

that's a good find, i hate ide cables, but do they come with a split cable so i only have to connect one cable from my mobo to my cd and dvd drive?

Round cables aren't bad for novice users. Ribbon are still the best for normal wire management, because you can fold them in different odds and angles.

Also, if you want to save money, you can also get the Poor Man's Round IDE Cables. You'll need the following:

1x Ribbon IDE Cable
1x Exacto Knife
1x Roll of Electrical of Duct Tape

What you do is get the ribbon cable, and you lay it out flat. Then you get the exacto knife and cut through the rubber inbetween each strand of "cable". Make sure you be careful, you don't want to cut through the insulation and ruin the whole cable. When you've done the whole thing, get some electrical or duct tape and tape it around the wires so that it becomes rounded. Viola! Now you have DIY rounded cables for half the price! :D

If anyone needs help with this DIY endeavour, feel free to PM or IM me. :)

Huh? McGuivering? Is that supposed to be bad, or supposed to be some compliment? :confused:

I use the rounded, I have heard rumours of them slowing down your hard drives though, compared to the ribbons, may just be a lie..but yeah, I have black ones, and it looks nice.

alvino said:
Huh? McGuivering? Is that supposed to be bad, or supposed to be some compliment? :confused:

No not at all, its a good thing to be compared to the almighty macgyver. How old are you alvino? How do you not know who macgyver is? this is a flat out outrage. Maybe it has something to do with his down right butchering of the spelling of his name, but still! macgyver = god!

Its like a show where this guy basically improvises to make incredibly unbeleivabe shit to do incredibly unbeleivable things. in one episode he goes back in time, and he saves this kings life with an egg, and some salt or something. pretty intense show.

mayorredbeard said:
No not at all, its a good thing to be compared to the almighty macgyver. How old are you alvino? How do you not know who macgyver is? this is a flat out outrage. Maybe it has something to do with his down right butchering of the spelling of his name, but still! macgyver = god!

Its like a show where this guy basically improvises to make incredibly unbeleivabe shit to do incredibly unbeleivable things. in one episode he goes back in time, and he saves this kings life with an egg, and some salt or something. pretty intense show.

I'm 16. Is MacGyver some TV show or something? :confused:

hahaha, thanks for backin me up mayorredbeard, and alvino, it was a tv show back in the say where this dude MacGyver, yea i know i couldn't spell it right earlier, would always save the day using common house hold things. Like he would diffuse a bomb with toothpaste, a rubber band, a paperclip, and a nickel. So MacGyvering is making things work the old fashioned way with elbow grease.

Back
Top Bottom