Rookie Questions

back40

Beta member
Apologies to those shaking their heads at my elementary questions, but I'm a Canadian living in China and it's very difficult to get good information here. Here goes: My computer is powered by Intel Pentium 4, 3.00GHz, 3.01 GHz, 512MB RAM (Windows XP). First of all, is this a reasonably good set up? My main activity is downloading, organising and burning music (I'm a DJ). I don't play games at all and I try to limit the number of applications I run at the same time. Here are my questions: Why does my computer occasionally (roughly 3 times a day) when I click on an audio or video file? It does a file check afterwards and give me the "your system has recovered from a serious error" message when windows starts again. I run Norton all the time - is it possible there's a bug or virus that Norton can't detect and if so, how can I fix this infuriating problem? Would I benefit by upgrading to 1GB of RAM? Also, I bought a Pioneer DVD burner, but using Nero, I can't seem to burn a full disc without the program freezing half way through. Is there a better program I could use? (I use iTunes for my audio cd's and it works well). Thanks to anyone who can give advice to any of these questions. Cheers

When your up and running, how much memory and hard drive to you have left. Sounds like you have a memory shortage or maybe even a power shortage. Have you done any upgrading to consume more power.

Back
Top Bottom