Roids

I'll chip in a little bit...

Firstly...
"all of your sporting heros use steroids"

That's absolute BS, where I work, (in a university, I work inside of a school that deals with athletes, monitoring performance and training and developing further training techniques). -some of the athletes that competed in the olympics and the common wealth games are trained here...

to say that all your sporting heros are using drugs is just stupid and completly negates the amount of scruitinty their performance is under 24hours a day 7 days a week.

for example: I'm currently taking part in an exercise trial.
I'll explain exactly what I've done so far, and this is akin to what pro athlets do on a regular basis.
firstly I've been completly measured with skin fold calipers to find my distribution of body fat, I've been masured and weighed in every way possible.
I've done basic tests of fitness that involve running on a treadmill that goes at an ever increasing speed and incline whilst wearing a heart rate monitor and having my expired gasses collected for gas analysis.

I've also had an entier body xray to accuratly dipict my body fat and muscle distribution.

then (on a different day), I have blood samples taken (befor breakfast), and exercise to 70% of my Max limits for as long as it takes for me to expend a certain amount of energy, (basically running on a flat treadmill whilst having my heart rate monitored again and having my breathing monitored and recorded and monitored for gasses

after the energy is expended (it was a little over and hour of running), I had further blood tests.

then wear a heart rate monitor a for a few days whilst recording physical activity and what food I eat (including weighing the food) to detrmine my energy intake and reough expenditure.

I did another test yesterday and anm currently having to record my food and stuff...

and I'll have another test next week where again they will take and analyse blood...

and I'm not a pro athlete! I'm just taking part in a study... if somebodies balance of chemicals in their system/body weight/fat/muscle suddenly change... people do notice!

but that is the sort of stuff pro athletes go through. pretty much all the time. in addition to that all pro athletes will give blood/urine samples before events so that officials can check for drugs...

and if drugs are found it's usually the end of their career...

So no... not all sporting heros are on drugs, mostly because they all know (or at least the smart ones know) that they couldn't get away with it.
and how do I know this... because I work along side the people that are training testing and measuring some of the best pro athletes in britain!

I was once offered steroids from a friend whilst we were training for rugby games. needless to say I turned them down. aside from anything else they are expensive, (even if your first 'dose' is free) secondly the chemically change your body and can do more harm than good.
thirdly, (and what most people don't get) you have to train intensivly... it's not like you take steroids and then go to sleep. you take steroids and then train harder...
if I'm going to train harder nyway then I'd just do it the natural way...
(i.e so I don't look like the freak in the picture linked above).

steroids are not dangerous in the same way that a drug like heroin is.
however, steroids do chemically change you body, (just like any other drug).
they are [psycologically] addictive (just like any other drug)
and they can have disaterous effects on your body. (just ilke any other drug).
they destroy sports by making the honest people who don't 'enhance' their performance loose.
and if you're really into sports, and it's found out that you are doign steroids, it will ruin any chance of a sporting career...

steroids are illegal, and rightly so!

steroids are illegal, and rightly so!
\

Even though ATF, and a few other government orginizations thought the illegalization of setrioids was a waste. Watch the video.

i think people should be able to use steroids, but then cant participate in pro athletics

I agree, look it may be legal to use roids, but if your orginzation that you work for prohbits that then thats different especially if its sports.

if you use steroids your an absolute idiot. nuff said. taking all those chemicals screws up the body.. i also watched that documentary on the guy whose arms exploded, pretty freaky stuff..

Using steroids is something that I don't approve of, mostly because I do participate in competitive sports (Swimming) but like DJ-Chris said, I don't approve of the government prosecuting those who uses steroids. What the government should do instead is spend taxpayer's money in educating the pros and cons of using steroids, instead of wasting it in trying people who used it.

That guy was a complete moron and has no respect among the BBing community. He talks a lot of shit, I know afew poeple who would absolutely low to pound his ass into some fine lil pieces. He was a moron, he was on the outer exterme, beyond safe limits. I believe he was doing somthing like 3x or 4x the recommended dosage (which is A LOT) for a while and right into his BIs, i'm sorry that guy was a complete moron and yall don't see the thousands upon thousands of setorid users that are responsbile.

One thing that it takes in weight lifting, and body building, and power lifting is dedication and discipline. Measuring your food, counting your cals and macros always keeping your form in check, getting proper ammount of water and sleep. Those aren't normal everyday individuals that have no self disicpline. One guy suggested make it where you can't actually do it yourself and that to get it done you need to go through a review process, they will mointor your health for several months then after they've decided you will pay so much, and they will toss you on cycles. They will control the drug you won't and they will be trained speaclists.

One thing that it takes in weight lifting, and body building, and power lifting is dedication and discipline. Measuring your food, counting your cals and macros always keeping your form in check, getting proper ammount of water and sleep. Those aren't normal everyday individuals that have no self disicpline. One guy suggested make it where you can't actually do it yourself and that to get it done you need to go through a review process, they will mointor your health for several months then after they've decided you will pay so much, and they will toss you on cycles. They will control the drug you won't and they will be trained speaclists.

That is the hole point of sterioids if you can't do something you cheat.. Jesus, who cares if you use it in safe dosages, it's wrong and it really does change people, and if you say it doesn't you probably don't know those people very well.

pwned, steroid users have no real life, cuz if they look really good, then they look good, but cant participate in any sports, and then they start to act, and look and feel like women, so you can have pity for them, but owell

Back
Top Bottom