Robotics????

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
I am looking to make robotics/Remote control one of my hobbies. I was wondering if anyone here plays with robotics and has links to tutorials or good reference websites or just tips for a noob like me. Anything would help. Thanks

How much do you know/understand about it? Do you know much in the way of electronic/electrical stuff?

Wikipedia is always a good place to start :) Plus if you search Google for robotics forums im sure you would have a choice of ones.

Cheers Bryn, mate. Urrrmmmm, i was just looking to get a start, maybe make a simple robot or two then tak it from their

I for a year or so, bought that Magazine Real Robots, that had you building a robot from parts, but yeah, turned out dreadfully expensive and it never worked well :p

Have you ever tinkered with those mecanno (spelling?) electronic sets?

those lego robots are supposed to be pretty good. No lie. A few colleges in my area use them as intros to robotics.

You can buy kits that you build your own robots, such as ones that follow a line, or can navigate a room and turn if they bump into something - they normally are used to demonstrate theory behind robotics - you can also build the kits yourself entirely - i.e. soldering all the components and putting together the drive systems.

Also, reading up on things such as programmable micro-controllers (like the really small ones) that use simple logic such as IF and OR i.e. IF the white line goes to the left - the action would be power to stop one motor on the right spinning until the line comes back into view. Also, stepper motors and sensors are stuff you could read up on specifically.

Back
Top Bottom