Right server to buy

I like qhoster.com. They have a lot of good server locations and accept a lot of payment options.

I think you’ll agree with me that choosing the best server for a small business can be a difficult process. With so many server types, processors, hard drive, and other options to choose from, it’s almost impossible to know where to begin. If you want to know how to set up a server for a small business, you’re in the right place.

It doesn’t have to be this complicated. It turns out, there are just four things to really consider when choosing a small business server.

Step 1: Research server specs based on the applications you plan to run:
There are two different ways to determine which processor, RAM, and hard drive requirements you should select when setting up a small business server:
(i). Conducting research yourself
(ii). Book an expert server consultation.

Step 2: Determine the Best Small Business Server Location:
When setting up a server for small business, you have two main options on location:
(i). setting up a server that will sit in your office; or
(ii). hosting a server in the cloud.
While it may seem like a no-brainer to just pay a one time fee and buy a server, there are pros and cons to each approach.

Step 3: Calculate Your Business Servers Budget:
An important consideration when setting up a server is the cost. While every business is unique, here are some factors that may steer you towards a cheaper or more expensive server. This advice applies equally to renting or owning a server.

(i). A cheaper server may be under $100/month when renting, or under $500 when buying.
(ii). A more expensive server is typically over $100/month and over $1500-$2000 to buy.

Step 4: Select Your Server Type:
If you’ve decided that you want to host your server in a data center, then you need to decide which kind of server to use. There are two main types: Hybrid and Dedicated Servers.

Step 5: Order Your Server and Get Started:
Now that you’ve determined your resource needs, budget, server type, and more, you’re ready to order your brand new small business server. If you’ve decided to purchase a physical server, now is the time to order the server and all of the components such as hard drives and RAM.

If you’re going to choose a server hosted in a data center, you can search here and select a server that meets your needs.

Back
Top Bottom