right, data transfer...

Rennard

Banned
is there such thing as a usb lead pc to pc, were you can copy and paste files down it into the other computer? ty

Yup, you can connect to computers using USB. But it has to be a special networking USB cable. Never connect a regular USB cable between two computers, the result may be one or two fried Motherboards.

You will need a cable such as this: USB 2.0 Network Cable

Using that cable I showed you is the only way you can do it using the USB connection. Other than that, you can use an ethernet cable, but you'll still have to set up a simple network between the two computers so they can share files.

That info was a benefit to more then the OP Atomic, I had been curious about the same thing but never got around to posting it. So thanks to both!

If it's too much hassle for you to set up a simple network, then you can always burn your data to cd/dvd and transfer it that way. I like this option because it gives you a permanent backup of your data. Could be a hassle if you have like 40-50gb of data to transfer, but if you have like 5 dvd's worth or less it's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom