RIAA Launches P2PLawsuits.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The RIAA has launched a website where students (and other dastardly criminals) can go for one stop lawsuit settlement. Paying your RIAA settlement has never been easier, apply today!

On the site, students whose universities have agreed to turn over student names to the RIAA and users whose ISPs have agreed to turn over subscriber names to the RIAA can apply for a settlement by entering their case number, and even pay their settlement online, which the RIAA promises will be represent "a substantial discount" from what they would have had to settle for before this campaign launched.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/02/riaa_launches_p.html

Ohhh man, that cannot be legit. My ex-girlfriend has designed better sites, and she's an idiot. Oh wow...just wow. I hate the RIAA, god I hate them.

there's a thing on that site saying that you can still get sued even if you delete or hide all the music you downloaded somewhere other than on your computer. I thiught if they didn't have evidence in a case it just gets dismissed is this true?

In something of an odd twist, the RIAA has announced it will file one lawsuit naming anyone with access to a computer as a defendant. For the purposes of this suit a computer is defined as a personal computer (either in the home or office, school, library, or generally anywhere), MP3 playing device such as an iPod, cell phone, PDA, car manufactured after 1996, television, DVD player, graphing calculator, and polyester clothing. The judge in the case was quoted as saying, "Polyester may be a bit of a stretch, but the RIAA is claiming a copyright on the sound it makes when rubbed together so I'll allow it."

wtf? Please tell me that's satire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom