RIAA crushes single mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is 24... the idiot who narrated the movie said 2,400.... and it said 24 on the list.... idiot him....

I no longer support the RIAA at all.... I don't buy CD's or anything... I just use the couple thousand .mp3's that I have from my old CD's, and the ones I downloaded from iTunes (I dont use that anymore either)... i mostly just listen to the radio now....

When I say used to support the RIAA.... I don't mean "I used to support their actions", I mean "I dont purchase music which will benefic the RIAA"..

Everyone in the court room knows that she isn't going to pay a penny (or cent) of that fine. There is no way she can afford it so her only move now is to file for bankruptcy.

hmm if the RIAA threaten to take you to court, why not just destroy the hard disk, get a new one, and say you've been using that the whole time? the IP address the get isn't enough evidence to trash someone anyway, is it? with no incriminating evidence on your computer, what else do they have?

The story(or rather the newscaster) proclaimed her wages were to be garnesh; I imagine the figure they came up with was the net sales given a cetain time frame in the higher end of the spectrum no doubt; the songwriters in question are subject to the contract they were entced to, its industry and marketing that is responsible for the suit, probably to put a scare into the public by stirring the media.

I'd like to see the groups for which the riaa champoined be awarded at least 80% of that judgment, that may cut into the wallets of producers, but at least we can start to surmise there ethical standpoint.

hmm if the RIAA threaten to take you to court, why not just destroy the hard disk, get a new one, and say you've been using that the whole time? the IP address the get isn't enough evidence to trash someone anyway, is it? with no incriminating evidence on your computer, what else do they have?

First thing I would do for sure...

It just seems that there would be so many loop holes to go through if they didn't have any physical evidence (I.E. Hard drive). Going off of network information and IP logs alone doesn't seem like it would be sufficient evidence to slap a quarter-million dollar fine on the average Joe.

After all, couldn't you just say that someone else had gotten onto your network and had done the downloading?

RIAA blows

There are tools to monitor traffice, traffic type, origin, source, file names and everything but not many programs are approved by the court :)

There are tools to monitor traffice, traffic type, origin, source, file names and everything but not many programs are approved by the court :)

but first they have to either put them on your computer, or get permission from the ISP. the ISP cant release your personal details without a Subpoena, and if the RIAA get one of those slapped on your ISP, then youd be told.

at least, thats how i understood it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom