Revocation security certificate alert. Help!

minxer

Solid State Member
Help! As soon as i go on to a site i get the following alert: 'Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?'. This started happening after i installed anti-spyware and firewall. Is this why i'm getting this alert and what can i do to stop it? It's driving me mad! I seem to spend more time clicking 'yes' to proceed than using the site itself! This pops up on most sites, including trusted sites that i use regularly.
IE. Windows Vista Home Premium.
Thanks

Uninstall the security software that you just installed. What kind of software did you install anyway?

AVG 8.5
Spybot S&D
Malwarebytes
Outpost Firewall

Today i've discovered that i can't update Malwarebytes. I had the same problem with AVG. It was saying to check that my firewall would allow it but i don't know how to do that (i clicked on 'allow most' and then disabled it but that didn't help) so i uninstalled AVG and then reinstalled it. When it comes to stuff like this, i'm clueless!

That sounds like your firewall is being overprotective. You need to mess around in the settings to see how to change it's security settings. Did you pay for that firewall service or is it a free software?

Yeah, i was wondering if that might be the case. It's the free version, as is the other software. Thanks, i'll have a look and see if i can alter it.

That's good. It wold have been a waste to have paid for it, then deleting it if it didn't live up to your expectations. I use Windows defender myself. It seems to do the job just fine.

Aaaaaargh! I've removed the firewall and the revocation alert is still popping up. I have to click it about 20 times to get rid of it when i go on ebay. I've had a look at my windows defender and it's unable to check for updates. Also iTunes can't sync my iPod when i connect it (can't read file). Maybe i should remove all of the security software that i've installed?

I have deselected 'check for server certificate revocation' under security on the 'Advanced' tab in Internet Options and it seems to have worked.

Glad its sorted - my guess is that one of the above you installed (probably the firewall) enabled it when it was installed and didn't change it back again when it was uninstalled. Bad programming practice but it happens unfortunately :(

Back
Top Bottom