Reviewers Wanted

Right now I'm just building up a list of Potential Reviewers while I attempt to also build up a list of Suppliers.

Considering the fact that were starting from scratch, and the economy is just bad, things are actually moving pretty good so I ask that you guys stay patient. It maybe a month or two before we (the staff) start bringing any reviewers onboard, but it will happen. We already have (2) big name suppliers on board as well as a few smaller ones :thumbsup:

Thanks for the news, I was just curious what kind of time frame we were looking at.

Is that list of suppliers a secret? I have a few industry contacts I might be able to shoot your way.

A secret? Well I would like to surprise a few people. Here's a hint, SSD, Memory & Cases.

I'll take any contacts I can get. PM or email me :thumbsup:

We didnt say that they were all from 1 company. We just gave a hint as to what was being reviewed. We arent going to give out this information. We want it to be a surprise. We want people to not expect these reviews. We want to be able to take our time and do them right. If everyone knows who we are working with and what we are getting then they will try to force themselves in so they can get stuff to review or try to force the review to be released before it is ready.

So you can guess all the companies and names you want. We wont tell you if it is right, wrong or completely off the chart. We will tell you that we want these reviews done right and we will take our time in making sure they are done right before we release them. If it is a full month of testing and write ups, then it will be a month before the review is released. We are not going to rush or hurry things.

A secret? Well I would like to surprise a few people. Here's a hint, SSD, Memory & Cases.

I'll take any contacts I can get. PM or email me :thumbsup:

Well, I'm going to guess that the SSD's and Memory are going to be from OCZ, and the cases will either be from Antec or Thermaltake.

Fun fact, Cooler Master's US offices are about half an hour from me, and I've participated in focus groups there.

After reviewing my contacts, it's been a few years since I've really been involved in this kind of stuff so I don't know if they are still with the companies, but I will shoot you a PM with the email addresses I have.

I use to review a lot of Cooler Master products when I was a "regular" reviewer at a different site. I need to get a good email address for Cooler Master.

We didnt say that they were all from 1 company. We just gave a hint as to what was being reviewed. We arent going to give out this information. We want it to be a surprise. We want people to not expect these reviews. We want to be able to take our time and do them right. If everyone knows who we are working with and what we are getting then they will try to force themselves in so they can get stuff to review or try to force the review to be released before it is ready.

So you can guess all the companies and names you want. We wont tell you if it is right, wrong or completely off the chart. We will tell you that we want these reviews done right and we will take our time in making sure they are done right before we release them. If it is a full month of testing and write ups, then it will be a month before the review is released. We are not going to rush or hurry things.

I was only taking an innocent guess :grin: But hey I'm all for surprises and writing good reviews.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but i do take it reviewers won't be pressured into writing good reviews from the company ? we all know it happens, whether it be games or hardware.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but i do take it reviewers won't be pressured into writing good reviews from the company ? we all know it happens, whether it be games or hardware.

We want honest, up-front reviews. Some may pander and accept some under the table "dividends" to write biased reviews, but we do not want ANYTHING like that. If a company wants biased reviews then they will have to look elsewhere as far as we are concerned.

We want honest, up-front reviews. Some may pander and accept some under the table "dividends" to write biased reviews, but we do not want ANYTHING like that. If a company wants biased reviews then they will have to look elsewhere as far as we are concerned.

Glad to hear it, I can't stand seeing sites with every single item getting perfect reviews.

My favorite thing to do when writing a review is to make a nice list of both the pros and cons and let the reader base their own judgement off of those.

That is what we try to do. We give our opinions on what we think is good and bad. We then answer any questions asked based on the review. Granted we only have 1 full review under our belt at this time, but we have to start somewhere. We do have more in the works and what Trotter said is completely true. We are not going to let them dictate how we go about our reviews. We will be honest no matter what the outcome is.

Back
Top Bottom