Review my personal site, please?

cjwsb

Solid State Member
Hi all,

It's not done yet, but I've built myself a little website. At this point, the main thing I need is for people to visit it and just let me know if everything's working.

I've tested it extensively, and I think it's good to go, but I want to make sure.

If anything looks out of whack, please let me know, as well as what screen size you have, resolution, browser, and all the usual crap.

http://www.ChrisBartlett.net

Oh, and all comments & critiques are welcome!

Chris

I like the site.. Fast, to the point. And colors are interesting...

The only thing I dont like this the Chinese/Japanese writing on the top of the page.

While cool looking they look to large for the site. Perhaps you can make them a bit smaller.

Good job on the site,
happy0065.gif

Also I viewed this in:

Firefox
1024x768

Thanks, man. I appreciate your comments. I lie the logo, but don't love it. I'm working on something a bit smaller and more precise.

Chris

Ok, based on suggestions from communities all over the web, I've made some changes.

Several people didn't like the FF logo as it was (square with a white BG). I've now changed it so that it is integrated seamlessly into the gray BG. Better?

Several people said that the Google search field was too large and overlapped to the right on certain resolutions. I resized it. Better now?

Nearly everyone hated the old RED text because it was hazy and hard to read against the gradient BG. I changed all the text to white and increased line-height so it's a little less cramped. Better now?

Still working on other things, but what's the verdict in the meantime?

ChrisBartlett.net

Thanks, everyone! This has been invaluable.

Chris

its not my kind of website but as soon as i spotted the get firefox logo your site looks excellent .. well done a really good site!

technoman said:
its not my kind of website but as soon as i spotted the get firefox logo your site looks excellent .. well done a really good site!
LOL. Fair enough. Thanks!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom