Revamping or new build

thanks for all your help ed, i found a great sale on a radeon 7950 oc by msi and it has afterburner, they also have a great MSI mobo with am3+support that i can use in the future to get a new cpu if needed i am thinking of pushing the clock speed of my cpu up but im just afraid of heat cuz i live in the dessert and its 115 outside. i have thought of that intel 3750 you mentioned just because ive heard that intel runs better than amd or at least the new intels run better than the newer amd's. but for now ill the that beast of a 7950 and call it a day. thanks again

ok well during my shopping i called up a local store and he told me he will give me a deal and combine the am3+ mobo from msi with a fx 4100 quad core cpu for 145, where the mobo was 95 to begin with, is it worth the upgrade? or is that like a lateral move

From what I can see, you should just stick with the Phenom 965, but get a new mobo and GPU. There's a lot of debate over it and the fx 4100, but as you already have the Phenom, and it's OCed, there's not much point

Yes, with boot time and any program loading times, so long as the programs and OS are on the SSD.
If you are going to get one you should be looking at 128Gb storage space minimum

Are you really in a situation where you need to upgrade that machine?

EDIT: If I were you I would buy an SSD to put the Operating System on and games etc, this will give you a significant performance boost.

well see i have dual gtx 460's with wireless built in so you can have your computer across the room and i got a offer of 600 for the set from someone at my school, so iw as gunna upgrade with that money

Back
Top Bottom