Restricting Access to a computer, not on a network!!

Fabric1601

In Runtime
Guys i have a question.....
Can somebody suggest a good software for restricting access on a computer?

Basically we (my company) have security guards in numerous sites. We want them to use only couple of things on the computer...The software should be able to restrict software, internet connections, some folder browsing, and such....We want him to open just one directory (folder) with all the sub-directories (sub-folders) it has, to operate with two softwares, and to be able to use printer functions!!!

Any help would be appreciated

P.S. The price of the software does not matter, we are ready to spend money for quality, so only the best suggestions please :p :D

I've used this at a couple of clients. I don't like it (but I like to do all of what you're talking about using group policy instead of programs that tweak the registry.
Inertnet Kiosk Pro

It does work on XP, not sure about vista

Well, i've got XP Pro, thing is i've tried to create them limited accounts, but the geezers just plug a USB dongle and they are up and running on the net!!! And i dont want them to do that....plus with the XP accounts, they can still open some folders, which they are not supposed to, and also some of the features of the software "Golden Gate" become inaccessible....and i want them to have total control over that software..

@ Daeva --> i will try that software and i will let you know if it helps
thanks

Back
Top Bottom