restoring files from previous windows xp install??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fartecho

Beta member
ok so here's my scenario: a friend of mine had some major registry issues on his pc (windows xp pro), so he suggested i reformat his pc and backup all that was necessary, as he couldn't boot at all into the os. neither could i, even after registry repairs and basic reinstall. anyway, all was fine when i moved his drive into his son's pc to salvage the necessary files. after much sifting, i've got everything i need except one file he's adamant that i find...his bookmarks file from netscape. i saw it and made note of location (it was where the default netscape/mozilla bookmarks are saved under the user's profile) when i first started the backup, yet now it's not there (lots of people are in and out of that pc, but i doubt any would delete/move that specific file??). so my last attempt is to possibly check the system restore files if at all possible to salvage the file. apparently he's got a ton of bookmarks that need to be saved. any suggestions? i've searched everywhere for the stupid file, but to no avail. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

for future reference, he should upload his bookmark to yahoo's My Web BETA. he can alway access them here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom