Restore point filename and recovery of old restore points

N_Aggelopoulos

Beta member
I want to restore a Windows 8.1 system to a time point in August 2021. Oldest restore points available are only a few weeks old. I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to recover older restore points and what file extension or filename I should be searching for.

Other than that my ailing computer is struggling to do anything at the moment, the ability to produce a list of restore points in shadow volume copy by the method suggested in the link may turn out to be helpful.

However, what I was hoping was to try to restore an old restore point using a file recovery program such as those used to recover deleted photos, etc. So it would be useful to know what filename or file extension it should be searching for. I am not sure if this will work. It might work if older restore points have been deleted rather than overwritten and if a filename was attached to them such as: Restore_point_August_2021.exe

I have no idea what I should be searching for to recover and I could not find any helpful info online so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom