Restarting issue/overclock

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello I have an AMD 3500+ over clocked from 2.50ghz to 2.60ghz by raising FSB from 200mhz to 235mhz, it feels like sinse I done this if I click restart to reboot my pc, my pc fails to do anything it goes into a black screen, however if I click it off and on again from the switch it will go through, it only happans if I save and exit out of the bios or I click reboot on my pc. if I click shut down and turn on, it works fine, Is it anything to do with the overclock,

My temps are fine there all at 32c and my Memory is 1gb 256mb x 2 and 1x 512mb

What could be the problem, I mean I haven't made a massive overclock?

Also I noticed, when I play guild wars, for some reason now and then I hear my hard drivers make a noise as it does and my game sort of chucks a bit, I have no idea why, I have 1gb memory and AMD 3500+, my graphics is also Nvidia PX6600Td 256 mb PCI-E

Is it worth just down clocking my cpu to normal rate?

I think it would be worth doing that just to see if all this stuff still happens. There are various reasons anything like this could be happening, and it would be handy for you to work out what it is, if you got rid of the overclocking variable.

I've never heard of an overclock doing that though... its weird :p Especially the chucking. Normally games are better with a slight overclock.

Back
Top Bottom