restart problem

cmack

Solid State Member
hello all this is my first time posting. i'm having a problem with my computer just restarting out of nowhere, it all started when i decided to overclock my computer one day..... i guess i pushed it a little to hard or something, anyways i have a k7s5a mobo with a 1.33ghz amd t-bird, 256 ddr ram, i figured that i might've messed up the ram or something

the strange part about it is in my bios when my speed settings are anything above 100/100 my computer will just restart on me outta nowhere but if its set at the 100/100 setting it runs fine.... i think its the ram but i just came here to hear what other ppl think before i go out and waste money on something that might be fine thanks

did you overcock it lol (overclock) lol any way if you did change it bak this means it wont be able to overclock any more so it will restart i have had this proplem i lowerd it and it worked fine also i burnt a pentium 3 (why) to watch pentuim be shit.lol

ya i did i changed the ram speed and fsb to 150/150 but the ram was kinda cheap so i'm thinking thats was it messed up time for an upgrade in that department anyways..... right now its seriously underclocked because it wont run at normal speed without restarting on me once in a while

yer your rite m8, more ram more spped of u go then go buy one go on, lol what ram have u got and what are you going to get.

right now i have one piece of really crappy 256 pc2100 ddr266 probably gonna buy a stick of samsung 512 pc3200 ddr400 even thou my mobo doesn't support those speeds its geting upgraded soon too along with the processor and video card..... so hard to keep up these days but for now i'll just get the ram and see if my restart problem goes away when running at the normal fsb/ram speed

well i bought some samsung ram and a soltek sl-75frn2 mobo put everything together and it wouldn't boot :( so now i'm guessing the cpu is toast once it did boot i got into the bios and the cpu temp was upto 85°c then it just shut down still works fine on my old board which i find kinda weird gonna buy a newer cpu and put it all together again hopefully then everything will be ok.... right now i can't turn mycomputer off or restart it because it will take usually 2-4 hours before it will even attempt to boot

has anybody had any problems like this before??? i'm guessing the cpu is done but i'm just wondering

thanks

Back
Top Bottom